• Are your happiness and peace dependent on pleasing others?
• Does your fear of rejection determine what you say or do?
• Is it hard to express your feelings when the people you love are not doing what you want them to do?
• Do you feel like you give a lot and get little in return?
• Do you freeze up emotionally when you are in conflict?
• Do you feel like you are the only one holding your family together?
• Do you have difficulty asking for what you want?
• Are you overly defensive when your behavior is criticized?
• Is your life miserable because of someone else’s behavior?
• Do you have difficulty saying “No”?
• Do you work or eat compulsively?
• Have you ever thought you’d be better off if you didn’t keep giving in?
• Do you resort to sex to escape, relieve anxiety, or because you can’t cope?
• Is your pursuit of sexual gratification compulsive?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to some of the above questions, then perhaps a Mission on Spiritual Healing can help you find that peace which the world cannot give—a peace that comes from a spiritual life led in union with Christ and according to Christian principles. Before things go from bad to worse, come and learn more about yourself by discovering a practical, spiritual program which, if lived one day at a time, leads to that “peace beyond all understanding.”
Fr. Emmerich is a priest of the Holy Name Province of the Dominican Order and is currently ministering with Western Dominican Preaching. For the past thirty-two years he has been involved in giving retreats to Mother Teresa’s Priests and Sisters in Mexico, Poland, Guatemala, Calcutta, and Africa. Former pastor of Holy Rosary Church in Portland, Oregon, he currently resides in Los Angeles, CA.